Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dates, Colors, & Inspirational Indecisiveness

Over the weekend, Rod and I sat down and settled on a date for our wedding -


June 30, 2012


will be the big day!


Let the (real) planning begin!


I have to make a lot of decisions, and if you know me at all, you'll know that decision-making is definitely not one of my strong suits! As astrology will tell you, Libras (my zodiac sign) are known for their indecisiveness... I've never put much stock into the whole astrological business, but when it comes to that facet of it, they nailed me right on the head... Anyway, I've been trying to decide on color schemes... I've probably gone through about 30. I think I've finally settled on one, but who knows, it could change again! For now though, my colors are - Black, Ivory, Green, & Burnt Orange just for the flowers (here it looks more red, but you get the idea)... I think I want to do a woodsy theme, using tree branches and greenery in the decorations...


I have a lot of spare time on my hands while I'm at work, because I sit at a desk and type all day... Boring. So, every once in a while (every day) I take advantage of the internet and all of its wonders! Usually I read the news, other blogs, catch up on facebook, and occasionally do some online shopping, but more recently my focus has shifted to wedding-themed sites. (Okay, I've been looking at them for years...But now it's for real!) The Knot is one of my favorites, and they have a feature that lets you build an "Inspiration Board" to put together ideas of what you want your wedding to look like... So, on one of my exceptionally bored days, I whipped one up just to get the "idea" ball rolling...


The pictures are kind of hard to see, but that's what I have in mind so far! We'll see how many times I change my mind in the next few months.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey while I've lived here in Rexburg I worked at a big wedding company. Some of their websites are http://invitationsbydawn.com/index.jsp
    http://invitations.bedbathandbeyond.com/index.jsp
    www.stylart.com
    http://www.getmarried.com/magazine/

    You will have to check them out. I so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete