Monday, June 27, 2011

All Grown Up

In the marriage department, I'm a pretty late bloomer - not by normal standards, mind you - I'm 28, which in any other state (or country) is a quite reasonable age to think about settling down and starting a family. However, I happen to live in Utah - the mystical land where young girls fresh out of high school race to become wives and mothers before they hit the dreaded "old maid" age: 22. So, in the crazy rush to the marriage/mommy finish line, I have been running dangerously behind, and I'm about 6 years past my prime...Luckily, just a few days before I was about to head out and buy the necessary 5 cats and "factory reject" sign to complete my official transformation into spinsterhood, I happened to stumble across a handsome lad named Rodney, and I realized that owning copious amounts of pets, and wearing curlers, a hair net, sweatpants and slippers to walk laps at the mall would have to wait a while... That charming chap swept me right out of my shoes, and after dating for just over a year, we got engaged on June 1st! Here's a picture of my ring (which he picked out all by himself!!)


He did a good job, don't you think?!

I am so excited and I feel so lucky to have found such an awesome guy, who has also become my best friend! We haven't decided on an exact date yet, but we are thinking about a Saturday next June, so I am just in the beginning stages of wedding planning...I'm going to try my very hardest not to become a crazy person like the bridezillas on reality tv whom I would love to slap in the face! At this point, it's still a bit surreal to me - I've been planning my "wedding" since I was a teenager, but to be planning the actual event makes me feel like I've finally become a grown up, and I'm inching ever closer to the marriage/mommy line!
Anyway, I'm sure there will be several, (if not many) more posts about the nuptial planning as it gets underway, so please stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Your ring is gorgeous and I can't believe he picked it out! That is really brave on his part. Lucky for you, he has great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Abby!! I am a lucky girl! :) Congrats on your blog being famous! If anyone deserves that, it's you! It's my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete